Ext2Fsd is an ext2 file system driver for Windows (2k, XP, Vista and Win7). It’s a free software. Anyone can modify or distribute it under GPL2 [Home page].
Features Ext2Fsd supports:
- ext2/ext3 volume reading & writing
- ext3 journal replay when mounting
- various codepage: utf8, cp936, cp950 …
- mountpoint automatical assignment
- large inode size: 128, 256, …
- large file size bigger than 4G
- CIFS sharing over network
- htree directory indexing
- ext4 extent read-only, no size truncating and expanding support
- Fast fsck (uninit_bg) and group block checksum support
- 64k block-size, support compatible to Linux ext4 and e2fsprogs
- OS: 2k, xp, vista, server 2003/2008, win7
Rewrite mode are allowed to Ext4 when using Linux reader, and Ext2/3 only with Ext2Fsd but to keep works in safe, just mount drivers in the read-only mode, also its may works good for removal devices.